Friday, March 25, 2016

Carson Terry Walker 08/18/15


When we got to Birmingham I really don't remember a lot, I didn't know it but my body was shutting down, but Carson need all the time he could get with the steroids for his lungs. I was sooo nervous to go to the OR I do remember that. The ladies in there were so awesome I didn't even feel the needle go in to my back, Then it was time to get that baby out and start his treatment plan. I was so so scared he wasn't going to be breathing. I just kept telling myself "one cry", I just need to hear "one cry". I cant lie I don't remember hearing it. All I heard the doctor say was he was breathing and looked great. They showed him to me and rushed him back. Josh went with him and I had get things finished up, but he was doing so well in fact they brought him back in so I could see him again. He was so handsome, and breathing, breathing on his own. I had to go to recover for an hour or so and I didn't think I would get to see him again till the next day. He had to go to Children's  and I was at UAB. Turned out they were a little behind and I got to go see him before they took him to the NICU. He was just so sweet and quiet. The next day he had his Encephalocele removed, another scary few hours. I got to hold him all the way down and we had a moment to tell him goodbye before they took him back. They told us he would be on oxygen when he got back to his room, but that little fighter didn't need it. The NICU nurses called him a "little rock star". The nurses were soo soo awesome. I can never thank them enough for all they did for us and for Carson. That weekend Noah finally got to meet his brother, and see his momma. I messed him so so much, and he missed me. The next day when he had to leave was rough. Thinking we would be there for 6 weeks I was heart broken because Noah was not with us. He got to come back the next weekend and stay a little longer and we had a good time. Then Monday Aug 31st, little Caron "Rockstar" Walker got to go home. Best day ever.
                                                    Josh with Carson after he was born.
                                              
                                              Me in recovery, thumbs up to feeling better!!
                                                                      My baby boy!


                                                              Cutest mad baby ever!!
First time I got to hold him.

                                                                         Right after Surgery.
                                                                  Daddy feeding him.
                                                                   The first meeting.
                                                        He was so excited to meet his brother.



                                                      FINALLY got to hold his little brother


                                            A few of the many awesome ladies in the NICU.
                                           We get to go home face!!!
                                                                       Headed home.
                                                Home Sweet Home. Happy Happy Happy.






No comments:

Post a Comment